Northern Virginia Fortune Seekers
October Amazing Sweeps Answers
Win a Calvin Hill watch set in a gift box, a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate or a $15 Amazon.com gift certificate.
Click here if you don't mind FRAMES.
The entry form is here.
Check daily for new questions. Read the rules and see where you rank in the standings.
If you see any errors or know of any new questions and answers, let us know.
Questions are listed in alphabetical order, and they most commonly begin with:
How ... | If ... | In ... | The ... | What ... | When ... | Where ... | Which ... | Who ... |
Amazing Sweeps, Page 2
- Abraham Lincoln is portrayed on the front of which denomination of U.S. currency?
- According to Catholicism, who is the Patron Saint of Ecologists?
- Answer: St. Francis of Assisi
- According to the National Weather Service, which form of flooding accounts for most flood deaths in the U.S.?
- According to the nursery rhyme, what will happen when the wind blows?
- Answer: the cradle will rock
- According to the order of British peerage, which is the lowest grade of peerage?
- Adieu, adios, and auf wiedersehen all mean
- After calling for his pipe and his bowl, what did Old King Cole want?
- Answer: his fiddler's three
- A solar eclipse is when
- Answer: the moon passes in front of the sun and is between it and the earth
- A tadpole is a baby
- By what name was Charles the Great also known?
- By what name was Catherine II - Empress of Russia known?
- During which activity do you expend the most calories?
- During which season of the year is Ramadan celebrated?
- During whose presidency did the Bay of Pigs incident occur?
- During whose presidency did the Iran hostage crisis occur?
- Erich Weiss was the real name of which one of these beloved magicians?
- Finish the proverb, Discretion is...
- Answer: the better part of valor
- For how many nights did the queen of legend, Scheherazade, tell her husband stories?
- For which emperor of China did Marco Polo - a traveller and merchant - work for many years?
- From which house of rulers of England did Queen Victoria come?
- For which religion is the Ganges River sacred?
- From which movie did the phrase - May the force be with you - come?
- How are asteroids and comets like planets?
- Answer: they revolve around the sun
- How did Daniel Boone become a national hero in 1784?
- Answer: he published a book about his adventures
- How long is China's Great Wall?
- Answer: almost 4000 miles
- how many bones are in the human body?
- How many cards are in a standard Pinochle deck?
- How many continents are there on earth?
- How many cups are in a quart?
- How many disks does each player in a game of checkers get?
- How many games can you play each day at LottoRewards.com?
- How many phases are there to the moon?
- How many pieces does each player in a chess game get?
- How many planets are in our solar system?
- How much of the earth's surface is covered with water?
- If something is moving at supresonic speed, it is moving faster than
- Answer: the speed of sound
- If you use the 24-hour system to tell time, what is 1400 equal to?
- If you use the 24-hour system to tell time, what time 2100 equal to?
- In 1679, which city was the first to hire fire fighters?
- In 1895, who invented the wireless high-frequency telegraph?
- In 1968, Senator Robert F. Kennedy was shot and killed in Los Angeles. Who was convicted of the crime?
- In 1974, who broke Babe Ruth's career record for hemeruns?
- In British peerage, which is the highest rank of heredity below a prince?
- In computer terms, download means?
- Answer: transfer a copy of a file from one computer to another
- In computer terms, FAQ means?
- Answer: frequently asked questions
- In mythology, what race of giants inhabited earth before man?
- In the hit song performed by Dionne Warwick, how does this question end: Do you know the way to...
- In the lullaby, if the mockingbird don't sing what will papa bring?
- In the movie The Godfather, who played the elder Vito Corleone?
- In the proverb, what is the best teacher?
- In the song, Do-Re-Mi, what is La?
- Answer: a note to follow So
- In the zodiac, Gemini is also known as
- In the zodiac, Taurus is also known as
- In this popular children's song, if you - row, row, row your boat - life is supposed to be this:
- In U.S. military time, what time is it if it is 2300 hours?
- In what year did acts of Congress establish Puerto Rico and Hawaii as U.S. territories?
- In which branch of mathematics does subtraction fall?
- In which century was the Three Musketeers written by Alexandre Dumas?
- In which country was the first hamburger cooked?
- In which decade did Gigi, Ben-Hur, and Around the World in Eighty Days win Best Picture of the Year awards?
- In which decade did the Great Depression occur?
- In which large stadium were competitions held between warring gladiators?
- In which popular TV show did Bruce Willis star with Cybil Shephard?
- In which ship did the Pelgrims arrive in 1620?
- In which state is the National park with the largest known caverns?
- In which style of art are objects shown as geometric shapes?
- In which TV western was Artemis Gordon a government agent?
- In which year did The Lost Weekend, starring Ray Milland, win the Academy Award for Best Pictute?
- Montezuma was ruler of the Aztecs when which explorer invaded his kingdom?
- Of all the 11 states that seceded from the Union, which was the last to be readmitted after the Civil War?
- On June 15, 1752, who proved that lightning was electricity?
- On which continent can the kangaroo be found?
- On which continent is Libya?
- On which space shuttle did John Glenn- the first U.S. astronaut to orbit earth- return to space in the 1990s?
- Percival Lowell, a U.S. astronomer, spent may years observing and mapping which planet?
- The 1965 movie Doctor Zhivago is based on a novel by
- The FBI is the law enforcement branch of
- Answer: The Dept. of Justice
- The sapphire is known to be the gemstone for the month of
- The word aphelion refers to the point in a planet's orbit when it is
- Answer: farthest from the sun
- The words cold and hot, little and big are examples of
- What are an igloo, log cabin, skyscraper and teepee examples of?
- What are ordinal numbers?
- Answer: when you put numbers in place order
- What defines values?
- Answer: all of the choices
- What does .com designate on the Internet?
- Answer: a commercial or business organization or company
- What does the phrase - c'est la vie - mean?
- What does the word apropos mean?
- What do hourglasses, pendulums, and chronometers have in common?
- What do olive oil, Vaseline, and burned toast have in common?
- Answer: all can be used as home remedies
- What is considered to be a customary tip for a taxi driver?
- What is a group of bees called?
- What is a palette?
- Answer: a range of colors
- What is a piece of music for one voice in opera called?
- What is an eponym?
- Answer: a word named for a person
- What is another name for the card game Solitaire?
- What is- It's only a drop in the bucket- an example of?
- What is Tammy Wynette's advice in her hit song?
- Answer: Stand By Your Man
- What is the 0 degree line of latitude on the globe called?
- What is the biggest celebration held at the White House annually?
- Answer: the Easter Egg Hunt
- What is the break between factions of a church called?
- What is the capital city of California?
- What is the capital city of Texas?
- What is the capital city of Vermont?
- What is the capital of Spain?
- What is the cheif mandate of OPEC?
- Answer: attempt to set world oil prices by controlling its production
- What is the final stage of a star called?
- What is the highest peak in the U.S.?
- What is the instrument used to see objects in space called?
- What is the most well-known case of extinction?
- What is the name for the prize given at the Academy Awards ceremony held once a year in Hollywood?
- What is the name for singing without the accompaniment of musical instruments?
- What is the name of a ceremonial trumpet used on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur?
- What is the name of the award given to the best show in Broadway theater?
- What is the name of the currency used in Angola?
- What is the study of ancient peoples known as?
- What is the term used in the United Kingdom for the American word -suspenders-?
- What is the U.S. flag popularly known as?
- Answer: the Stars and Stripes
- What is the word used in the United Kingdom for the American term -hood- (of a car) ?
- What kind of tree is an evergreen?
- What type of pasta is used in baked ziti?
- What was Ansel Easton Adams famous for?
- Answer: photographing landscapes of the American Southwest
- What was the greatest paleontological discovery of anthropologists Louis and Mary Leaky?
- Answer: the skull of homo habilis
- What was the motto of the -The Three Musketeers?
- Answer: All for one and one for all
- What was the name of the mission that launched the first human into orbital flight?
- What were dinosaurs - the great lizards that perished 65 million years ago?
- What were the 1920s known as?
- What word describes the political system of Europe during the Middle Ages?
- When Christopher Columbus set sail from Europe, where did he think he was going?
- When did Eli Whitney invent the cotton gin?
- When did Neil Armstrong take the first step on the moon?
- When did Panama take control of the Panama Canal?
- Answer: December 31, 1999
- When did the first great age of exploration begin?
- When he rubs a magic lamb, a genie appears to grant three wishes
- When the boy cried wolf one too many times, what happened?
- Answer: no one is listened to him
- When was the ball paint pen invented?
- When was the first African-American women elected to Congress?
- Where are all 10 of the highest mountains in the U.S. located?
- Where are the Andes Mountains?
- where did the early civilization known as the Incas live?
- Answer: high in the Andes Mountains
- Where does the most rain occur in the U.S. and the world?
- Answer: Mount Waialeale, Hawaii
- Where is the closest to Venezuela?
- Where is the deltoid muscle?
- Where is the Eiffel Tower?
- Where is the home of Baseball's Hall of Fame?
- Where in the human body is the Eustachian tube?
- Where in the human body is the mandible?
- Where is the International Boxing Hall of Fame?
- Where is Washington State?
- Where was U.S. president William McKinley assassinated in 1901?
- Answer: Buffalo, New York
- Where were patato chips invented in 1853?
- Where were the first public libraries built?
Go to Page 2
Home | Sign Our Guest Book | Sweepstakes Resources | Our Next Meeting | nvfslist: Our Mailing List | Where to Find Internet Sweepstakes and Contests | Hard-to-Find Sweepstakes Rules | Trivia Contests and Answers | Meet Real Sweepstakes Winners | Shortcuts Index | DeliverE Shortcuts | Vacation Celebration Shortcuts | Webstakes Shortcuts | Daily Quiz Answers | Mouse-Trak Answers | Winners Lists: You May Already Have Won! | Virginia, Maryland and District of Columbia Lotteries | nvfspool: Our Powerball Pool | Chat | Our Friends | Our Awards |
Link to Us! |
2002 Sweepstakes Convention |
Member CyberLink Exchange