Northern Virginia Fortune Seekers
Daily Quiz Answers
Enter once a day. Read the rules and look for your name on the winners list.
If you see any errors or know of any new questions and answers, let us know.
- Academy-award winning L.A. Confidential co-writer Brian Helgeland also wrote what Kevin Costner bomb?
- Affliction's writer-director Paul Schrader co-wrote which of these Martin Scorsese movies?
- After having a near-death experience, what musician joked, "I thought I was gonna be seeing Elvis"?
Bob Dylan: Dylan recovered from a near-fatal heart virus in 1997 and went on to play a command performance for Pope JohnPaul II.
- Ally McBeal creator David E. Kelley has not written for which of the following shows?
Hill Street Blues.
- Although All in the Family spin-off The Jeffersons lasted eleven seasons and reached third in the Nielsens, it received only one acting Emmy. Who won it?
- Annette Bening has voiced which of the following opinions about Hillary Clinton?
Hillary is an opportunist: Annette's husband, actor Warren Beatty, has expressed interest in electoral politics, and he has even considered running for the presidency.
- Annette Bening played opposite John Cusack in which film?
- Annette Bening starred in which period film?
Valmont: Bening played Mme. De Merteuil in Milos Forman's Valmont. Set in baroque France, the drama was released in 1989.
- By artificially inseminating Phoebe with her brother's triplets, Friends Kudrow's pregnancy into the series plot. Who was the first pregnant actress to portray a pregnant character?
Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy.
- Cate Blanchett co-stars with Joseph Fiennes in Elizabeth. In what film did she co-star with his big brother, Ralph?
Oscar and Lucinda.
- Dame Judi Dench provides guffaws as Shakespeare in Love's Queen Elizabeth. In what film does she portray Queen Victoria?
- Damon Albarn cited this band as the inspiration behind Blur's critically acclaimed eponymous album, "Blur."
- Denzel Washington received an Emmy nomination for his work as executive producer of what documentary?
Hank Aaron: Chasing the Dream.
- Elizabeth had Queen Elizabeth, Joseph Fiennes, Geoffrey Rush, adultery and death. What other 1998 release had all of these elements?
Shakespeare in Love.
- Elton John sang the tribute "Candle in the Wind 1997" at his friend Princess Diana's 1997 funeral. Who was the song originally written about?
- Entering 1998-99, how many different NBA franchises had won titles in the 1990s?
3: The Pistons, Bulls, and Rockets are the only teams to have won championships through 1998.
- Entertainer Rob Pilatus died in 1998. What music group did he once belong to?
- Everlast first found fame in what band best known for their hit "Jump Around"?
House of Pain.
- For what country did Zigmund Palffy play in the 1994 Olympics?
- Former Bond girl Famke Janssen appeared in how many 1998 releases?
6: Deep Rising, The Gingerbread Man, Monument Ave., Rounders, Celebrity and The Faculty.
- Former pro wrestler Jesse "The Body" Ventura isn't the only ringmaster to find a new career. Which chart-climbing melody is sung by a one-time fighter?
- From what country is the NFL's Morten Andersen?
- Her debut album, "Miss Thang," made this artist the youngest R&B musician with two Billboard number ones in a row.
- Hillary Swank's husband starred in what TV sitcom?
- Hilary Swank stars in Boys Don't Cry, a film about what kind of identity crisis?
Transgender Identity: Boys Don't Cry is the story of Teena Brandon, who was biologically female but lived as a male.
- How many NFL squads are named after birds?
Five: The Cardinals, Seahawks, Eagles, Ravens and Falcons all take their names from our fine feathered friends.
- How many toes did New York Giants placekicker Ben Agajanian have on his kicking foot?
- How many touchdowns did William "Refrigerator" Perry score in Super Bowl XX?
One: Perry, normally a defensive presence, carried for one yard to get the Bears into the endzone for their fifth and final touchdown of the game.
- How many words are in the title of Fiona Apple's 1999 sophomore album?
- In American Beauty, Annette Bening plays Carolyn Burnham. What is Carolyn's job?
Real Estate Agent.
- Indie It Girl and The Opposite of Sex vixen Christina Ricci made her big screen acting debut in what film co-starring Winona Ryder?
Mermaids: Ricci is set to star opposite Ryder's ex-beau and Edward Scissorhands co-star, Johnny Depp, in Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow.
- In the original Logan's Run novels, how old could you get before being put to sleep?
21 years old: Lastday loomed at age 21 in William F. Nolan and Clayton
Johnson's cult classic. For the film, this was changed to 30.
- In which of the following stadia has a Super Bowl never been played?
- In which of these films does Shakespeare in Love's Gwyneth Paltrow not affect a British accent?
Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle.
- It may not sparkle like her first name, but Jewel really does have a last name. What is it?
- Jackie Chan teamed up with Chris Tucker for last year's Rush Hour, but this was not his first English-language film. What was?
The Big Brawl.
- Jay-Z's hit single "Hard Knock Life" takes its title and main sample from what Broadway musical?
- Jerry Fallwell has ridiculed which Teletubby for promoting homosexual values?
Tinky Winky: Upon hearing the news in 1997 that Ellen DeGeneres' character on Ellen would come out of the closet, Fallwell dubbed her "Ellen DeGenerate."
- Judging from the box office, John Sayles' Men with Guns barely registered with audiences. What was his first feature film?
Return of the Secaucus 7.
- Julianne Moore played the love interest in a movie about which famous person?
Pablo Picasso: Moore played Dora Maar in Surviving Picasso. Picasso rose from poverty to become one of the great artists of the twentieth century.
- Julianne Moore plays Linda Partridge in Magnolia. What kind of car does Partridge drive?
- Julianne Moore's boyfriend, Bart Freundlich, directed which film?
The Myth of Fingerprints.
- Ken Daneyko holds the New Jersey Devils' all-time record for most penalty minutes. How many total minutes does he have as of the end of the 1996-97 season?
2,121: Daneyko has been a Devil for his entire NHL career.
- Like many actors, Keanu Reeves has tried his hand at rock music. What is his band's name?
- Maria Elena Holly, the widow of singer Buddy Holly, filed suit against MCA Records in March 1999. Which of the following is NOT among her allegations?
Releasing a sound-alike artist under Holly's name.
- Mighty Joe Young's Bill Paxton has appeared in four films by which director?
- MTV's The Real World premiere in 1992 featured a group of just-barely-adult strangers shacking up in a spacious loft in what city?
- Name one of the two actors who could theoretically play the same role in all six Star Wars films.
Kenny Baker: Only R2-D2 and C-3PO have the possibility of being played by the same people in all six films. By contrast, at least 4 people will perform Darth Vader.
- NewsRadio's Dave Foley provided the voice of what animated movie character in 1998?
Flik in A Bug's Life.
- Norman Cook is the real name of what artist?
Fatboy Slim: Cook has also released singles as Fried Funk Food, Pizzaman, and Freakpower.
- Robert James Waller's The Bridges of Madison County occupied the top slot on the best-seller list for how many consecutive weeks?
- Savage Garden's popularity grew when what talk show host plugged their song "I Want You" for several weeks?
- Sean Penn met Robin Wright on the set of what movie?
State of Grace.
- Songwriting genius Bob Dylan prevented which artist from recording his songs in 1963?
Bob Dylan: Dylan wanted to stop his record company, Columbia, from typecasting him as only a protest singer..
- The coach of which IHL team attacked the opposing team's mascot during a 1995 game?
Cincinnati Cyclones: Jackson attacked Sir Slap Shot after the mascot banged on the glass behind the Cyclone bench. He was suspended for 10 games.
- The title of Sugar Ray's album "14:59" is a reference to a quote by what artist?
- The WB debuted as the fifth major TV network on January 11, 1995. Which of the following was not on the schedule?
Star Trek: Voyager.
- Titanic costar Kate Winslet made her big-screen debut in what film?
- To whom does the term "The Insider" refer?
A tobacco executive turned whistle-blower.
- To whom is the Calder Trophy awarded to?
Rookie of the year.
- To whom is the Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award given?
- To whom is the Hart Trophy awarded?
The league MVP: Bobby Clarke won the Hart Trophy three times.
- Twilight Zone mainstay Rod Serling wrote the original draft of which film's screenplay?
Planet of the Apes: Serling's adaptation of Pierre Boulle's ape epic was eventually rewritten.
Click here to go to
Home | Sign Our Guest Book | Sweepstakes Resources | Our Next Meeting | nvfslist: Our Mailing List | Where to Find Internet Sweepstakes and Contests | Hard-to-Find Sweepstakes Rules | Trivia Contests and Answers | Meet Real Sweepstakes Winners | Shortcuts Index | DeliverE Shortcuts | Vacation Celebration Shortcuts | Webstakes Shortcuts | Daily Quiz Answers | Mouse-Trak Answers | Winners Lists: You May Already Have Won! | Virginia, Maryland and District of Columbia Lotteries | nvfspool: Our Powerball Pool | Chat | Our Friends | Our Awards |
Link to Us! |
2001 Sweepstakes Convention |
Member CyberLink Exchange